úterý 16. srpna 2011

How much do you love your life? :)

I was taking a ride from work yesterday night with rickshaw as I do everyday and it was raining very heavily... The monsoon season right? The streets are flooded with water, ponds are created in the middle of the boulevards.
I was thinking how great the day was, since it was so cold and the humidity was pretty low...

And then... huge hit, splash of a water and I thought the rickshaw was broken in the middle. We were just driving down from one of the bridges with the huge pond in front of us. BUT an enormous pothole was hiding in the water. It is very common during the monsoon season, that the streets are covered with many of them and its easy to drive around them, but this one was hidden very well...

Well I think that I blacked out for few seconds... when I realized what happened, I was soaked with water/shits from the streets. My head hurt since I hit the roof of the rickshaw and my knees hit the front partition made of metal... not really pleasant. The driver was cursing himself and the road for about 5 minutes in Hindi. Thanks I couldnt understand a word... ;)

But it made me think of how safe this transportation is, actually how DANGEROUS it is!!!
The traffic is heavy every day here. With no rules, no lines, cars passing on red lights, not stopping on stop signs. Im actually very lucky, that I havent experienced a major car/rickshaw/bike accident yet.

I was always afraid of flying, but after taking one ride in a traffic with auto rickshaw in Delhi, you will never be afraid anymore before taking off with airplane!!! :)


Anyways, to update you on my life here.
I have moved to a new place. Its pretty much amazing!!! It is in a really calm expat area in Moti Bagh, Anand Niketan, very close to all embassies that are based in Delhi. I think I have seen a Czech one, which is connected with Slovakian one and its also very close to my work.
I have my own room, AC, bathroom, balcony.... :)
I just got my first pay check after first month and now, Im gonna be paid every 14 days.
Im going to join a gym very soon, which is located 5 minutes from my house. Already looking forward that, since I got so lazy in here.
I have also cooked my first REAL dinner, thanks to the really clean and neat kitchen in my new place.

So by moving, I have solved the very last major problem that I have and it really made me calm down.

I think it has also shown in my work, because since Ive moved, I have been doing quite a lot of sales and Im getting really successful... ;)

Im also planning my first trip away from Delhi sometimes soon. I think its gonna be around the beginning of September, after getting my second pay check...

I hope that everyone who is reading this blog is having a good time while reading it and whenever you are, stay positive!!!
As far as we are not dying, IT IS ALRIGHT!!! :)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat