pátek 9. září 2011

Don´t panic, DON´T PANIC!!!

Wow... that´s all I can say...

I have been very close to a terroristic attack.
You know what, waking up to a new day, finding out that a bomb exploded and 9 people were killed and more then 50 are seriously injured doesn´t make it easy to get up. Actually, it made me stay at home for the whole day...
And what HORRIBLE day it was!!!
Black Tuesday, the 7th of September... Now it wasn´t really a lucky seven...
I  woke up by getting text massage by my Indian friend, telling me about the bomb blast and that Delhi is on the red alert.
Knowing, that I was supposed to work in Pacific mall, which I have to go through Rajiv Chowk metro station, which is probably the busiest junction of Delhi metro, I have decided to stay at home and not go to work. Even though there wasnt another bomb blast, I think it was a good decision.

And after few hours of getting a really good rest at home I found out about the plane crash in Russia. I was struck, hard to admit but cried for a bit and really angry. Knowing that so many great sportsman have died... :(
And especially three amazing Czech players that have just became fathers and they will not be able to see their kids grow up... :(
I got very emotional, especially being so far from my family and friends.

And to make it the WORST day in India so far, we have had a HUGE earthquake at around 10:30pm I think. We were sitting with Eric in the living room and suddenly a huge tremor came up with a very loud sound. We jumped up, Eric running towards the doors, me towards the window, because he thought it´s an earthquake, but I thought it´s another bomb blast very close!!!
Few seconds later I got a text from the same friend from morning, that we just had a huge earthquake, 6.6 Richter scale...
After calming down my adrenalin rush few hours later, I went to sleep, ending the horrible and disastrous 7/9/11...

So that is the news what is happening and now to let you know what happened before that.. :)

Time flies here very fast, especially with working shifts of 9 hours and 6 days a week.
I have finally activated my international phone calls (like 3 weeks ago) lol, so I have had a chance to speak with my fam many times. Very good feeling to speak with the one you love and care about, knowing that they are ok and using your own language again.. ;)

I was trying to get in touch with Czech embassy in here, but failed. Im trying to find out if they organize any cultural events as many other embassies do in here. I think the best way to connect with them is to go there personaly, which is not really hard since its like 5 minuets from where I live right now.

Eric, my US flat mate was hosting a dinner few days back, but his Indian friends were cooking, so I had a chance to try some typical Indian, home made, meal. And it was amazing! ;)

Regarding work, I think I start quite liking it... even though it´s seriously physically and mentally the toughest work I have ever done.

I´m planning my first trip in here. With my flat mate and our two friends (Indian and German) we are about to book fly tickets to Sikkim. It is the least populated state in India with Nepal so close that you can touch if you lean over. ;) It is very well known for its spectacular-spectacular (Used from Moulin Rouge) ;) snow-topped mountains and views. I have to admit that Im very excited. We are going for a week during the last week of October. Hopefully everything will work out well for us.

And I have been also researching about another trip, when my mom gets here.
I still havent told her, but I think we will do a short trip by train to Jaipur, then off to Agra by taxi or bus and back to Delhi. Few days in here and then off to Goa, Mumbai, Bangkok (Thailand), either Phnom Penh (Cambodia) or Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and then too Bali (Indonesia)...
The very interesting thing is, that in many of those places, I can get cheap accommodation thanks to my friends staying there and also the flights are quite cheap.
We have to make the best out of this trip, because I got just double entrance visa to India!!! :(

Hope you all are doing well and keep me filled with your lives also.. ;)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat