pátek 15. července 2011

How many internationals can fit in one house in Delhi?

After sleeping few hours probably on the hardest bed I have been speaking with Snigdha´s mom for about two hours. Talking about the biggest problems in India, trying to get the feeling of real Indian. ;)

I have also tasted the first real Indian food, which reminded me of a taste of pizza back in middle school. Chicken stuffed Indian bread didnt hit the top notch, but filled my starving stomach. I had the option to decide, whether I stay in this house for one more night or go to the flat Im renting. Not wanting to bother the amazing family, I decided to move right away.

But before that, I have had the chance to experience "LC" meeting of AIESEC Delhi University. Getting to know  that they have over 100 active members, I was really thrilled to find out, where they meet.... :D
It was a little bit disappointment finding out, that the 25 people sitting around a long table was just OC of just running Underprivileged children project. But even there was only 25 people sitting, if you were standing behind the door, you would say that hundreds are inside. REALLY LAUD!!! As I was told, this was just a really soft behavior... :D

And now about the house. AIESEC in New Delhi has a contract with Delhi Stay, which is a provider of housing for internationals in New Delhi. I was told that Kailash is a nice part of the city. What is more important to me is, that it should take just few minutes to work. Comparing with Martin, a Slovak guy living next door who has to travel 90 minutes to work every day, Im kinda lucky... ;)

Three stories building, with Indians living in the first and multinational on the second and third. I have chosen the standard type of accommodation. Which means only thing, AC on the room. BUT the usage of electricity for running it is not included in the price. Therefor we turn it on only before we go to sleep and then turn it off when falling asleep.
On my floor there is two guys from Egypt, that are living in my room, but I havent met them yet, guy from Slovakia, Mexico, El Salvador, Germany, Japan and three girls from Poland, Ukraine and Kostarika.
There are people from China, Mexico, Taiwan and Spain living in the third floor.
I will see how we will get along, but everything seems alright now. I was just told to buy only needed stuff, because someone is usually stealing food from the fridge... :D (its happening everywhere) :D
The C market is really close where you can buy almost everything, but what really made my day was a fact of finding out that a really nice gym is close by and you can get the 3 months entrance fro just 3500 Indian rups, which is 58 Euros---

Will continue with the post of first steps through Delhi shortly.. ;)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat