pátek 15. července 2011

Tell me how to get to India and how to survive first day!!!

And it came eventually.
I have said bye to my friends in Prague on the July 14th, still hangover from last night´s farewell party, but the two advils taken at 3am helped a lot!!!

I took the first flight from Prague to Istanbul, having a enormous luck to get to the exit seat with no one sitting next to me!!! It went very fast and the service was amazing as always with Turkish airlines..
But by taken all the luck with the first flight, the second one wasnt really that great...
Flying with Airbus A330-200, you would say that for a six hour flight, there should be at least an amazing entertainment on board. Well, the only entertainment and not really a good one was problems with electricity on board, when every one was feeling like partying in city center with stroboscope. I have never ever seen that before and the crew did not really look bothered.
If this didnt hit the point, two arguing Indians for a seat in a ail for 15 minutes was another story. Considering the plane half empty, it was a worth money, pre-departure entertainment. All solved with one word of the fly attended that he can sit in the row behind him... :D

The six hours boring flight was paid back by great meal served and amazing view on New Delhi at night.
Covered with the blanket of darkness, you could see thousands and thousands of torches piercing the dark cover. No blinking lights of 21st century, just dull orange color of mid evil times.

Supposed to be landing at 3:10am, we have jumped on the ground at 3:20am, sitting on the runway for about 20 minutes. I have also spent quite long on the costumes and I have already felt something going wrong with my airport pick up.
My watches showing 4:35am, I have stepped into the humid and hot night of 13.5million city, trying to find my driver. Terminal 3, gate 4, pillar 14, nowhere to be seen. Struggling around for about 15 minutes, totally soaked with my sweat, I decided to call my contact. And after talking to hear, the driver showed up immediately after finishing the call.

Well, for someone it would be amazing to survive the flight to Delhi, but I have found out in few minutes, that the aprox. 40 minutes drive through the night Delhi will be another story. No lines, no rules, only the fastest and the most hanking drivers can survive in this jungle full of beaten cars, handmade rickshaws and small taxis. Thinking of ending up under few 200years old buses and head crushes with different vehicles (and few cows) I have eventually made it to the place, where a really nice family was waiting for me with a little bit hard, but that much needed bed.

Stay tuned for tomorrows first impression of India by Petr ;)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat